Since 1992 , year of Barcelona Olympic games, there are 4.2 km of golden sandy beaches only 10 mins from the city centre.
1) The Barceloneta Beach. This is the first beach close to city centre. You can get there with metro (yellow line) stop Barceloneta. Walk on the Passeo Joan Borbo full of sea food restaurants, cafés with terrace. At the end you will see the sea and the new W hotel, the Vela, as it looks like a sail boat. Barcelona out and inside swimming pool is on your right as the nudist beach. Many small streets in this area with linen hanging on the windows, restaurants, cafés, shops.
2) The Vila Olimpica Beach Metro stop Vila Olimpica.This area has been built in 1992 to host the athletes of the Olympic games. The luxury Arts Hotel, one of the 2 towers you will see on front shore and the strange huge copper goldfish sclupture by american architect Frank Ghery . There are some good restaurant on the sea shore, the Bestial is one of them.
3) The Icaria Beach has wider sandy beaches. Parking facilities.
4) The Bogatell Beach quieter and wider beaches, water is cleaner. Also parking facilities. More dedicated to families and sailing sports. Nice chiringuintos (cafés on the beach) with own Dj playing in summer time. Metro Stop Bogatell
Good trendy restaurant to eat Paella, Fideu, cooked in the restaurant itself. “ESCRIBA ”
There are lockers on this Bogatell Beach, on the Red Cross red building on the beach. You can leave your belongings in it. Lockers open from 10 am to 6 pm.
5) The Marbella Beach further from city centre, close to Poble Nou area. Nudist beach section. Bars.
6) The Nova Mar bella beach is next to Poble Nou park area and close to the new Forum congress centre. Good tip : on Sundays barbecue at the nautical centre on the beach.
By train you can go to Castelldefels beaches, long empty sandy beaches or to Sitges, cosy small city with friendly atmosphere. Small and crowded beaches in summer. Nice marina area with restaurants and bars.