Be part of art!
Barcelona counts with many interesting museums and lots are well worth a vist, but usually the time and the budget for museum visits are limited during a holdiday. But for art lovers and those really interested into visting at least the 7 leading art centres in Barcelona, there is the Art Ticket available. The Art Ticket is available for only 22 € and is valid during a period of 6 months. Just one ticket grants your access to the leading art exhibitions in Barcelona. If you do not manage to visit all 7 museums during your stay, its another good reason to visit Barcelona soon again. See our luxury apartments Barcelona for your stay.
First Sunday of each month, free Museum entrance for everybody (in almost all museums).
The ticket includes the entrance fee to the following museums:
* CCCB (Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona) is located in C/ Montalegre 5 in the Raval area and just right next to the MACBA museum, which makes it easy and very convenient to visit both Museums during one day. Just take a break in between and enjoy a drink on a terrace in front of the MACBA museum and watch the skaters who come every day to practise in front of the museum, or take a stroll in the fashionable Raval area. Just around the CCCB is the hip Vintage shop HOLALA! Plaza with clothing, furniture and art books. Located on Plaza de Castilla 2. The CCCB host as well a nice museum shop with books and nice gift ideas.
* MACBA (Museu d’Art Contemporani de Barcelona) , Plaza dels Angels. This museum is also worth a visit for architecture fans. The building got designed by the amercian architect Richard Meier and is based on rationalism and alludes to the masters of Modern Architecture, particularly Le Corbusier. Since september 2006, the old Church of the Convent dels Angels, got converted into the new exhibition space MACBA.
* Picasso Museum , C/ Montcada 15-23. The museum is situated in 5 large old palaces from the 13th – 15th centuries. The palaces are a good example of the Gothic Catalan style and they are built surrounding a courtyard with with an open stairway.
Wir bieten Ferienwohnungen Barcelona in der Nähe des Picasso Museums und im Born Viertel.
All Sundays free from 3 pm.
First Sunday of each month, free Museum entrance for everybody.
* Joan Miro Foundation The foundation is located in a beautiful surrounding on the Montjuic mountain. The Montjuic hosts also a large number of museums, but is at the same time the biggest green space (and parc) of Barcelona with great views over the city. Before heading up to the Montjuic, you might want to visit first the MNAC, on the bottom of Montjuic. Web: http://fundaciomiro-bcn.org
* MNAC (Museo Nacional d’Art de Catalunya). The Palau Nacional on Plaza Espanya, the emblematic building of the 1929 International Exhibition is the home of the MNAC. In front of this fairytale like castle is the Magic Fountain with its beautiful water, light and music shows. Web: www.mnac.cat
* La Pedrera (meaning: the quarry), Passeig de Gracia 100. One of the famous works of Gaudi and after the Sagrada Familia the most visited monument or museum of Barcelona. The building (which was supposed to be an apartment building) is the museum itself. The roof top terrace with its futuristic forms and pillars is not only impressive because of its views over the city center. Web: www.lapedreraeducacio.org/eng
* Antoní Tàpies Foundation , C/ Arago 255. The Barcelona born artist Antoni Tapies created the foundation to promote modern and contemporary art. The foundation is in a former Editorial publishing house, a work of the Modernist architect Lluis Domenech i Montaner, constructed between 1880 and 1885. The building combines exposed brick and iron. Web:www.fundaciotapies.org
We recommend holiday apartments Barcelona for your stay in the city centre with most museums in walking distance.
You can buy your articket BCN at:
- Ticket desks at each of the 7 art centers
- Tel-Entrada +34 902 10 12 12 / www.telentrada.com
- Tourism Offices in Barcelona:
Plaza Catalunya, Plaza Sant Jaume, Estació de Sants trainstation
- Web Turisme de Barcelona, at the site’s shop:www.barcelonaturisme.com
Related Barcelona posts:
- SAGRADA FAMILIA: How to avoid the queue to buy your ticket
The Sagrada Familia is Gaudis most famous building and certainly the most popular monument in Barcelona. The cathedral, which is still under construction and said to be finished in 2026, is defenitely a “must see” when visiting Barcelona. Like Critic Rainer Zerbst says “it is probably impossible to find a...
- 5th Edition Of Barcelona´s Museum Night
On Saturday the 16th of May the 5th edition of Europe´s museum night will be held. Museums of Barcelona also open their doors and the entrances are free. Most of them are open till 00:00 and some of them even till 1am. So if you still haven´t seen a real...
- The Night Of The Montjuic Barcelona
This Saturday the 14th of July the most well known museums of the Montjuic hill open their doors for the night of the Montjuic (Montjuïc de nit). Their expositions can be visited FOR FREE between 8pm and 1am and are accompanied with live music. Free entrance...
- Barcelona Modernism Museum
Modernism museum Barcelona & Francisco Godia Foundation....
- Barcelona Guide : Historical Centre Ciutat Vella
The oldest area of Barcelona is Ciutat Vella which includes the quarters Gothic, La Ribera, La Rambla and El Raval. It´s one of the most interesting quarters of Barcelona where you can wander around in the small medieval streets. The Born area is a trendy area with design shops....